Growing up, I loved eating English breakfast muffins. My mom would make them for me and my sister every weekend, and we would always devour them within minutes. They were always so warm and fluffy, and the taste was just heavenly.
Even now as an adult, I still love eating English breakfast muffins. Whenever I see them in bakeries or supermarkets, I can’t help but buy a few to bring home. They always bring back such happy memories of my childhood, and I’m sure they’ll continue to do so for many years to come.
Homemade English breakfast muffins will always have a special place in my heart and these full English breakfast muffins are my current favorite. They’re packed with all the flavors of a full English breakfast – sausage, bacon, egg, tomato, mushrooms, and cheese – but in a much more portable form!
I like to make a batch of these at the weekend and then freeze them so I have something quick and easy to grab for breakfast during the week. Just pop one in the microwave for a minute or so and you’re good to go!
If you don’t want to use sausages, you could just use bacon or even veggies like peppers or spinach. And if you’re not a fan of cheese, you could leave it out – they’ll still be delicious.
Full English Breakfast Muffins Recipe
Makes 12 muffins
- 6 sausages, casings removed
- 6 bacon rashers, diced
- 12 mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (120g) grated cheese
- 1 1/2 cups (180g) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6 and line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, cook the sausages, bacon, mushrooms, onion and tomato until everything is cooked through.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked sausage mixture, eggs, cheese, flour, and baking powder.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until risen and golden brown.
These full English breakfast muffins are perfect for a quick and easy breakfast on the go! Just pop one in the microwave for a minute or so and you’re good to go!